Scholarship Deadline is Saturday, April 1st 2018, 1PM!!!
Scholarships shall be comprised of four categories:
A) Three $1,000 scholarships:
- Allotted for students that excel for four years in the Italian Studies Program at Ocean Township High School.
- Funds allotted will be based on availability and the approval of the Executive Board.
- This category will be funded prior to B or C.
B) Honorable John C. Manna Scholarship:
- One $1,000 scholarship will be allotted based on available funds and the approval of the Executive Board.
- This will be available to any high school other than Ocean Township High School with a four year Italian Studies Program.
The student will have completed four years of an Italian Studies Program and be in the top 25% of the class.
This scholarship will become available when two or more high schools meet the four year criteria.
This category will be funded before C.
C) Continuing Education:
- Total amount of scholarship awards are based on available funds, subject to approval of the Executive Board and the Membership.
- No one student shall receive more than $2,500.
- Technical, vocational or special education criteria will be defined by the Scholarship Committee.
D) Mike Cernigliaro Scholarship:
- One $1,500 scholarship will be allotted and is funded by the Cernigliaro family.
- Mike Cernigliaro was instrumental in moving the club from its infancy to where we are today. He helped write the bylaws and was treasurer for 25 years. He was also the festival chair for the first 27 years.
In order to be considered for an Italian American Association Township of Ocean Continuing Education Scholarship Award, an applicant must:
- Be a graduate of a public or non-public secondary school or have been awarded a General Education Diploma (GED) during the past school year.
- Going on to higher education – College, Trade School, Business School or other, etc.
- College or University bound students will be in the top 25% of their class.
- Only for children and grandchildren of members in good standing for three full years and dues paid prior to the filing of the application.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher or counselor.
- Submit a typed essay with a minimum of 250 words to include “Why you feel you should be granted this scholarship,” and “What does Italian heritage mean to you?”
To obtain a scholarship application, please contact the Scholarship Chairman:
Please Note: All applications must be received by the Scholarship Chairman on or before April 1.
Late applications will be rejected